Gnome Worry Worm
Are you looking for a small gnome to crochet? One that’s fairly quick to make and has the added benefit of helping to relieve stress, anxiety & depression? Meet Ticklewiggle & Twirl, the adorable gnome couple! They’re your tiny Christmas friends that’ll be more than happy to take away any worries you may have this time of the year. Just hold them tight, twirl them around with your fingers and feel the stress vanish into thin air 🙂
You can use this little Gnome Worry Worm as:
- stocking stuffers for kids,
- Christmas Tree decor,
- Calming tool in classrooms,
- Nursing home giveaways, or
- you could hide them out & about for people to find during the festive season. I’ve designed some cute little tags for you to include with your worry worm act of kindness.
New! Themed Worry Worm Patterns Bundle SALE
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the Start Crochet links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
- DK Yarn in 3 colors – Red, beige & brown. I used Paintbox Yarns SImply DK 5 Color Pack Designer Picks.
- Crochet hook sizes 4.5 mm
- A darning needle
- A pair of scissors
- A Stitch marker or a piece of contrasting color yarn (optional)
- Some raw wool,faux fur, or fiberfill stuffing for the beard.
- Optional: a 10 mm bell to embellish the gnome’s hat. Or you could simply substitute with a ready-made pompom or you could crochet a small circle to attach to the end of his hat.
MC = Magic Circle
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
Sc2tog = sc decrease
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st = stitch
sts = stitches
fo = fasten off
Intermediate. Knowledge of how to crochet a Magic Circle is ideal. If you don’t know how to start with a MC, then simply start with a ch 2, then work R 1 into the second ch from your hook.
17 stitches and 16 rows = 10 cm in single crochet
If your Worry Worm looks narrow or not as full as you anticipated, try a heavier weight yarn. If you want your Worry Worm to be longer, just increase the number of stitches in your body chain.
This Gnome Worry Worm measures approx. 6.2 “ (16 cm) in height including the head & hat.
Weight: 9 gms
Yardage: Approximately 24.8 yards (22.7 meters).
– You can use any type of yarn as long as you have a corresponding crochet hook size (check yarn label for recommendations).
– You can make the pattern larger or smaller by changing the type of yarn and/or hook size.
– Numbers at the end of each row (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that row.
– I wrote this pattern using 2 methods of working in the round. I used the joining rounds method for the head and the continuous round method for the hat. You are welcome to work both in either joining rounds or continuous rounds if you wish (I advise using a stitch marker in either case).
– Ch 1 at the end of each round does not count as a stitch.
– Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2023.