Valentine’s Worry Worm Crochet Pattern (PDF)
Looking for a quick & easy crochet gift idea this Valentine’s? Work up this Valentine’s Worry Worm Emoji in minutes, add its Worry Worm Poem Tag and gift it or use it as a Random Act of Crochet Kindness.
ch = chain
mc = magic circle
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st = stitch
sts = stitches
fo = fasten off
Materials Needed Yarn: Lily Sugar ‘n Cream in yellow. Some DK yarn in red. I used Red Wine from Paintbox Yarns Simply DK. Crochet hooks: You will need 2 crochet hooks: For the Worry Worm head & body I used a 4.5 mm hook. For the Worry Worm hearts I used a 2.5 mm hook. A tapestry needle A pair of scissors Plastic or organza baggies Printer & A4 paper or card stock to print your tags.
This Worry Worm measures about 17 cm (6.7 inches)in length.
Yardage = 15 m (16.4 yards)
Gauge is not really that crucial for this tutorial. Just try experimenting with different hook sizes & different weight yarns to get a gauge you are happy with for the project you are working on. If your Worry Worm looks smaller than you anticipated, try a thicker weight yarn or a smaller size crochet hook. If you want your Worry Worm to be longer, just increase the number of stitches in your beginning (body) chain.
Notes – You can use any type of yarn as long as you have a corresponding crochet hook size (check yarn label for recommendations). – There are 2 main methods to crochet Worry Worms.
1. From the bottom up – meaning you start from the tail end.
2. From the top down – meaning you start with the head.
– I personally prefer the second method (starting with the head), because you get a better finish to your Worry Worm and the head sits straight on the body. It does require you to know how to crochet a Magic Circle. If you don’t know how to crochet a Magic Circle, you can either try to figure it out with these video tutorials, or you could just crochet 3 chains (ch), join the last stitch to the first stitch with a slip stitch (sl st) and crochet your 12 dc (double crochet) stitches into the little gap/ring you just created.
– You can make the pattern larger or smaller by changing the type of yarn and/or hook.
– Numbers at the end of each step (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that step. – Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2023.
Please follow my accounts to see what else I’m up to and to keep in touch: