Easy Christmas Bauble
If you’ve never crocheted Christmas Baubles before, you’ll be surprised at how easy they actually are to make!
This is a beginner-friendly Christmas Ornament Pattern. It is part of a trio of Christmas Ornament Patterns I designed this year.
You can use these colorful ornaments to embellish a Christmas Tree, or you could experiment with other decorative ideas like hanging them from a tree branch, with little pegs from a string, inside a picture frame or paint yourself a Christmas tree on canvas and attach your crocheted ornaments with little pins.
Here are some display ideas:
1. Display on a Christmas Tree, the traditional way:
2. Display on a branch:
3. Or paint yourself a Christmas Tree on Canvas:
So now that you have an idea of how to display your crocheted Christmas ornaments, let’s get to actually working them up!
What You’ll Learn
- How to crochet in the round
- How to crochet a Magic Circle (if you don’t yet know how to crochet a Magic Circle, have a look at these video tutorials.) Otherwise, follow alternative instruction given in the pattern.
- How to change colors in crochet
- How to use basic crochet stitches to create pretty Christmas Ornaments
- How to crochet around a sphere
You could use any combination of colors you have from leftover yarn. Each ornament uses only a very small amount. See yardage for details.
- Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply DK in 5 colors:
- Pistachio Green
- Slate Green
- Red Wine
- Vanilla Cream
- Soft Fudge
- Crochet Hook: US size 7 (4.5 mm) hook
- A pair of scissors
- Stitch markers or contrasting snippets of yarn
- A tapestry needle
- Stuffing or yarn scraps
- Round Craft Polystyrene Foam Balls 2.4″ (6 cm) or old Christmas Tree Baubles (can be substituted with stuffing)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Tape measure
Abbreviations & Stitches Used
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- MC = Magic Circle
- sk = skip
- sp = space
- st = stitch
- sts = stitches
- sl st = slip stitch
- yo = yarn over
- fo = fasten off
- Whip Stitch (to seam your work).
1 skein of DK Paintbox Yarns = 100 g / 3.5 oz / 276m – 302 yards)
For this project you will need approx. 20 m (22 yards) of yarn
Large Bauble: 2.4” (6 cm) in diameter, 7.8” (20 cm) circumference
17 stitches & 16 rows in sc = 4” (10 cm) square with a 4.5 mm hook
– You can use any type of yarn as long as you have a corresponding crochet hook size (check yarn label for recommendations).
– Numbers at the end of each step (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that step.
– For this pattern, I tended to crochet between the dc post stitches, as opposed to into the “v” of the dc sts.
– Ch 2 sts at the beginning of a round count as a dc st.
– Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2022.
Please follow my accounts to see what else I’m up to and to keep in touch:
There are no reviews yet.