Simple Mandala Appliqué Crochet Pattern
Mandalas are really fun crochet projects and can be used for so many things. You could use them as coaster, wall hangings, rugs or embellishments.
I recently bought a 5 color pack of yarn from LoveCrafts and wanted to make something nice & colorful that wouldn’t take up too much of my time. I started playing with the yarn and all of a sudden, a cute little mandala emerged!
It measures 10 cm in diameter, so is a really quick project to whip up. It can be made smaller or larger with a different hook size.
Disclaimer: This product contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using the Start Crochet links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
What You’ll Learn
- How to crochet a Magic Circle
- How to crochet in the round
- How to change colors when crocheting in rounds
- How to crochet a variety of stitches to give your mandala that beautiful look.
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply DK in 5 colors: Pistachio Green Slate Green Red Wine Vanilla Cream Soft Fudge
- Hook: US size E-4 (3.5) mm for a 10 cm diameter mandala or US size 7 (4.5) mm hook for a 13 cm diameter mandala.
- A darning needle
- A pair of scissors
- Stitch markers or contrasting snippets of yarn (optional)
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- MC = Magic Circle (alternative suggested)
- sk = skip
10 cm diameter [4” diameter] with a 3.5 mm hook
13 cm diameter [5.1″ diameter] with a 4.5 mm hook
Gauge is not critical to this project. Refer to finished dimensions to check gauge.
1 skein of DK Paintbox Yarns = 100 g / 3.5 oz / 276m – 302 yards)
For this project you will need about 14 m (15.3 yards) of yarn (total)
- You can use any type of yarn as long as you have a corresponding crochet hook size (check yarn label for recommendations)
- Numbers at the end of each step (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that step.
- Ch1 at beginning of rows do not count as a stitch.
- Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2022.
Please follow my accounts to see what else I’m up to and to keep in touch:
You may sell any finished products that you make from this pattern. However, when selling online, please include a link back to my blog startcrochet.com or tag me on social with @startcrochet or hashtag #startcrochet