Ghost Worry Worm Crochet Pattern PDF
This Ghost Worry Worm is an easy and fun project that your children will adore, and it’s the perfect addition to your Halloween decor.
You can give them to kids for trick-or-treats, use them in classrooms as a calming tool, or hide them out & about as acts of kindness during the Halloween season.
- Yarn – Simply Chunky – Paper White. I used
- 100% Acrylic. Would be great if you have glow-in-the-dark yarn
- Crochet hook that fits your yarnI used a G/6 (4 mm) hook.
- A darning needle
- A pair of scissors
- For the eyes, either a strand of black yarn or some stick-on eyes. I used 5 mm Plastic Half Round Flat Back Black Beads Eyes. These do not have adhesive on the back, so you will need a dab of glue to attach them. You can see several options for Worry Worm Eyes here.
- For the mouth, either a strand of black yarn to make a smile, or a small piece of black felt cut out into a tiny oval shape.
- Glue to attach the eyes and felt mouth.
Abbreviations Used In Pattern
MC = magic circle
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st = stitch
sts = stitches
fo = fasten off
New! Themed Worry Worm Patterns
Beginner (knowledge of how to work a Magic Circle or alternative required).
And here’s a little gift for you! Some cute Halloween gift tags that you can add to any of your handmade projects that you want to give to someone special this spooky season 🙂
12 sts & 16 rows = 4” (10 cm) in sc
Gauge is not really that crucial for this project. Just try experimenting with different hook sizes & different weight yarns to get a gauge you are happy with for the project you are working on.
If your ghost worry worm looks narrower than you anticipated, try a thicker weight yarn.
If you want your ghost worry worm to be longer, just increase the number of stitches in your beginning chain.
This Ghost Worry Worm measures about 4.7 “ (12 cm) in height.
Weight: 5 gmApproximately 7.4 yards (6.8 meters)
– You can use any type of yarn as long as you have a corresponding crochet hook size (check yarn label for recommendations).
– You can make the pattern larger or smaller by changing the type of yarn and/or hook size.
– Numbers at the end of each row (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that row.
– Beginning ch 2 counts as a stitch.
– Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2023.