3 Festive Tea-Light Cozy Crochet Patterns
These cute & festive tea-light cozies make special little gifts for Christmas, New Year’s, Birthdays or any special occasion. They include a crown pattern that was designed as a memento of the the late Queen Elizabeth II.
You can give these tea-light cozies as gifts to friends and family, use them as Christmas stocking stuffers, as party table decoration, or sprinkle them around town as Random Acts of Crochet Kindness (RAOCK).
If you’re looking to spread some Christmas cheer at your workplace or donate to an institution like a hospital or care center, then these quick little makes will surely bring smiles to many people’s faces 🙂
You can use them indoors or outdoors, as the flameless LED candles are safe and risk-free.
- Some cotton yarn. I used 100% cotton Lang Handarbeitsgarn (12 ply)
- Crochet hook: 2.5 mm
- Stitch markers or a piece of contrasting color yarn (optional)
- A tapestry needle
- A pair of scissors
- Tea-Light Candles – 38 mm (1.5 in) diameter by 16 mm (0.63 in) height
- Printer & A4 paper to print your tags. You could choose to print your tags on cardstock to make them more durable (optional).
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- scBLO = single crochet back loop only
- st = stitch
- sts = stitches
- sk = skip
- sl st = slip stitch
- p = picot stitch
- fo = fasten off
Beginner – this pattern uses basic stitches used in different ways.
Diameter = Each cozy measures about 2″ (5 -6 cm) in diameter
Weight = 2 – 3 grams each
Yardage = 3.7 yards (3.4m)
16 sc and 12 rows = 4 ” (10 cm) with a 2.5 mm crochet hook
You need to make sure your beginning chain fits snuggly around your tea light before continuing to round 2. For me this was 20 chain stitches.
– You can use any type of cotton yarn as long as you have a corresponding crochet hook size (check yarn label for recommendations)
– You can make the pattern larger or smaller by changing the type of yarn and/or hook size. Be sure to measure your beginning chain to match the circumference of your candle.
– Numbers at the end of each step (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that step.
– Ch1 at beginning of a row does not count as a stitch.
– Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2022.
Please follow my accounts to see what else I’m up to and to keep in touch:
You may sell any finished products that you make from this pattern. However, when selling online, please include a link back to my blog startcrochet.com or tag me on social with @startcrochet or hashtag #startcrochet