Gingerbread Man Lip Balm Holder Keychain
If you’re a beginner crocheter, and you want to craft some Christmas charms, this pattern is perfect for you 🙂
The Gingerbread Man pattern is minimalist in style, easy to work up and perfect for using up scrap yarn. It can be used as stocking stuffers for Christmas, gift toppers or sold at craft fairs if you like.
You could add the lip balm, lipstick or lip gloss to your Gingerbread Man cozy or simply print out these pre-designed Lip Balm Cards to insert into the cozy so that people know right away what it is 🙂
Are you gifting your Lip Balm Cozy or selling it at a fair? Insert these handy lip balm display cards to up your game 🙂
- Yarn in 4 colors – Ricorumi DK 100% cotton, 25 g (57.5 m). Beige, White, and Red.
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm).
- A darning needle
- Stitch markers
- A pair of scissors
- Metal spring hook or keyring
mc = magic circle
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st = stitch
sts = stitches
fo = fasten off
French Knot for the Gingerbread Man’s buttons. You can watch this video tutorial by Mikey from the Crochet Crowd below. He explains how to make a French Knot. I wrapped my yarn around the needle 3 times as opposed to only twice for the snowman’s buttons.
13 stitches and 11 rows = 5 cm in single crochet
This lip balm holder measures approx. 3.7“ (9.5 cm) in height to the top of the hat.
Weight: 6 grams
Yardage: Approximately 14 m (15.3 yards).
– You can make the pattern larger or smaller by changing the type of yarn and/or hook size. Depending on the size of your lip balm, lipstick or lip gloss, you might want to add a few rounds of white to increase height.
– Numbers at the end of each row (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that row.
– Please ensure that your lip balm is the size of the bottom of the holder after round 2.
– Insert your lip-balm, lipstick or lip gloss into the holder when you get to almost the end to see if you need to add a few rounds to adjust height.
– We’ll be working in the round, so a stitch marker is advised.
– Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2023.