Caterpillar Chapstick Holder Keychain
Crochet Pattern (PDF Printable)
Lmake some cute & practical caterpillar lip balm holders so you can give them to your friends and family and show them you care about the well-being of their lips (lol).
You won’t just be wrapping those lip balms in cozy handmade cases…
You can also attach them to keychains, purses, or backpacks for easy access to lip balm throughout the day.
Personalize these chapstick/lipstick/lip balm holders by choosing the pattern that you know your friend or family-member will appreciate.
Printable Love Bug Jars
And add these pre-designed love bug jars for an extra personal touch.
Printable Lip Balm Cards
You could either insert a stick of lip balm, lipstick or lip gloss or you could simply print out these Lip Balm Cards I designed so that people know right away what it is you’re giving them.
Are you gifting your Lip Balm Cozy or selling it at a fair? Insert these handy display cards so that people know right away what these cozies are for.
- Yarn in 4 colors – Ricorumi DK 100% cotton, 25 g (57.5 m) in dark green & light green, red and a small piece of black yarn for the mouth.
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm).
- Trimits Toy Eyes Solid Black – 6mm, Googly eyes, black fiber art beads, fabric paint or a permanent marker
- A darning needle
- Stitch markers
- A pair of scissors
- Metal spring hook or keyring (optional)
mc = magic circle
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
hdc in 3rd loop = half double crochet in the third loop
st = stitch
sts = stitches
fo = fasten off
13 stitches and 11 rows = 5 cm in single crochet
This lip balm holder measures approx. 3.3“ (8.5 cm) in height to the top of the head.
Weight: 6 grams
Yardage: Approximately 14 m (15.3 yards).
– You can make the pattern larger or smaller by changing the type of yarn and/or hook size. Depending on the size of your lip balm, lipstick or lip gloss, you might want to add a few rounds of white to increase height.
– Numbers at the end of each row (in brackets) indicate the number of final stitches in that row.
– Please ensure that your lip balm is the size of the bottom of the holder after round 2.
– Insert your lip-balm, lipstick or lip gloss into the holder when you get to almost the end to see if you need to add a few rounds to adjust height.
– We’ll be working in the round, so a stitch marker is advised.
– Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2024.