Worry Worm Crochet Pattern PDF + Printable Poem Tags/Labels/Cards (Bundle)
1. Worry Worm Crochet Pattern
Crochet worry worms are becoming ever so popular on crochet FB Groups associated with “Random Acts of Crochet Kindness”. The idea is to distribute these simple crochet worry worms with a poem packaged in a small see-through plastic baggie or organza bag anywhere you can think of… in the woods, playground, nursing home, school, camping area… wherever.
These cute crochet worry worms are meant to put a smile on whoever finds them and comfort them in times of sorrow or stress.
The idea of these worry worms is to go out of one’s way to make another person smile. It builds a sense of community in kind acts, and attempts to make the world a bit lighter and brighter!
The best thing about these crochet worry worms is that they are super easy and fast to whip up, which make them ideal projects for beginner crocheters.
Not only will you feel accomplished when you’ve created a few of these, you’ll also feel great about yourself when you actually go out and hide them around your neighbourhood for people to find them and brighten up their day 🙂
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS PROJECT
- Some classic Aran weight yarn (color of your choice). Any yarn would do really, just make sure it’s not hairy or fuzzy. For this project I used Paintbox Yarns – Aran weight
- Crochet hook that fits your yarn. Generally I use between a size G/4mm to H/5mm hook. For this project I used a 4.5 mm hook.
- A tapestry needle
- A pair of scissors
- Toy Eyes, Goggly eyes, black / brown fiber art beads, or a permanent marker
- Plastic or organza baggies
- Printer & A4 paper or cardstock to print your tags.
This is a perfect quick crochet project to give away as gifts to a child, someone who has anxiety or just needs a hug.Worry worms are generally used for ROACKs (Random Acts of Crochet Kindness).
You should have basic knowledge of crocheting to complete this pattern and know how to make the following stitches:
- ch = chain
- mc = magic circle
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- st = stitch
- sts = stitches
- fo = fasten off
If you do not know how to crochet the Magic Circle, no worries! An alternative method is included in the pattern.
Length = 6″ / 15cmWeight = 0.17 oz/ 4 – 5 gYardage = 10 yards / 9.2m of yarn
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
This is NOT for a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make a worry worms. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2022.
I love the worry worm project, and will be making it soon! I care for my 89 year old mother at her Senior Living Facility, and once per month she and I host a “Free Table” where we supply a variety of items for anyone to take for free, residents, staff, and visitors alike.
I am a crochet and craft lady, and so I’ve begun making a basket full of small items such as these for anyone to take, and they have been a huge hit! They (and I) especially love the poems or prayers attached to each item.Whatever doesn’t get taken that day gets put out at the reception desk, but rarely do they make it out there either!
Thank you for sharing the patterns and the poems! I will try and take a picture or two of the worry worm projects and post it at the end of this month!
This is a great pattern. I’m using it to teach some of my grandkids to crochet and they are picking it up quickly. Love the pattern and the designer. She’s very understanding and easy to work with.
omg this is so cute can’t wait to see what else this creator makes!
2. Worry Worm Poem Tags (Printable & Editable With Canva)
- These are printable worry worm poems & Tags for your handmade crochet worry worms.
- Can be used as gift tags or tags for Random Acts of Kindness.
- You may even use them as backing display inserts if you’re crocheting worry worms for sale.
- This is both a PDF & Editable File that you can customize to your liking & needs (You will need a free Canva.com account to edit this file).
- You’ll find 4 different poems to choose from with different designs
- 2 shapes – square & tag-shaped
- Both colored and Black & White versions
- 2 sizes to fit your needs.
- Choking Hazard Warning Labels included.
- This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD for home printing. Nothing will be shipped to you by post.
- This template has been designed by May Shehab from startcrochet.com
- These designs can be used for HOME PRINTING ONLY.
- Designs are for PERSONAL USE ONLY, rights to files//photos/designs are not transferrable.
- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
- You may include this printable in SELLING your finished crocheted product.
- You may not, however, SELL THE ACTUAL PRINTABLE, even after editing.
- NO RETURNS or REFUNDS for Digital Purchases.
- This is an EDITABLE FILE through Canva.com – You may change wording / images, but cannot attribute your changes to Start Crochet.
- If you don’t already have a Canva account, you can sign up to Canva for Free.
- You may not EXTRACT any parts of the design for other use.
- COLORS might appear different on screen than in print.
- Design of printable files or their parts, may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, SHARED or RESOLD.
- This printable was designed using Fonts & Images WITH COMMERCIAL LICENSE
- This printable is for PERSONAL USE LICENSE ONLY.
- You may print these files FOR YOURSELF or to give as GIFTS.
- Rights are NOT transferrable.
- NO COMMERCIAL USE of this product is allowed. This includes SHARING ON SOCIAL MEDIA and RESELLING.
- If you’d like a modified design, please get in touch with me and I’d be happy to create one for you.
- Designs are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2022.
SUPPORT AND HELP
Although I do not offer refunds on digital items, I am committed to making sure that you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason the file does not work, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I am happy to assist you.