Soft & Luxurious Velvet Scrunchie Crochet Pattern
Looking for an easy and stylish way to keep your hair out of your face? With just a few basic crochet stitches, you can create a one-of-a-kind velvet scrunchie that will be sure to make you stand out!
Materials Needed To Crochet This Velvet Scrunchie
For this project you will need:
- Chunky Acrylic Velvet yarn of any brand (good quality that doesn’t shed) in color of choice. I’m using Katia Bambi Baby Love in Bordeaux.
- Acrylic, cotton or cotton blend yarn (DK or Aran) that matches your velvet color, I’m using Paintbox Yarns Simply DK.
- Crochet hook that fits your yarn. For this scrunchie, I used a US size 7 (4.5 mm) hook (smaller than recommended size)
- A tapestry needle
- A pair of scissors
- An elastic hair tie (best to be a thick & firm tie without a metal clamp about 6 cm, 2.5 inches in diameter)
Choose colors and textures that bring out the personality of who your scrunchie is for or reflect your own unique style.
Abbreviations Used In This Pattern
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- st = stitch
- sts = stitches
- sp = space
- fo = fasten off
This scrunchie measures about (4.7 inches) 12 cm in diameter
11 stitches & 6 rows in dc = 4” (10 cm) square with a 4.5 mm hook.
This scrunchie weighs about 30 grams
You will need around 36 meters (39.5 yards) of velvet yarn and about 5 meters (5.6 yards) of acrylic or cotton blend yarn.
- Numbers at the end of each round in parentheses ( ) = total number of stitches for that round.
- If you are new to reading crochet patterns, you might find these tips helpful.
- Please note that I use US crochet terms.
This product is for a CROCHET PATTERN only.
Scrunchie tags are also available (purchased separately).
This is NOT a finished physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you by post. You will download a digital file that you can save on your computer/tablet or cell phone.
NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads after pattern/s have been downloaded.
This pattern explains how I make this project. It is NOT GUARANTEED that your finished project looks exactly the same. This will depend on a number of reasons: yarn and hook you use, your crocheting skills, style, tension, etc.
This pattern or its parts may not be REPLICATED, ALTERED, TRANSLATED, SHARED or RESOLD without permission.
You may SELL physical items made from this pattern, but please GIVE CREDIT to me as the designer (see below).
Rights are NOT transferrable.
If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them for you before or after your purchase.
Design and photos are copyright of Start Crochet [May Shehab] © 2023.
Super easy to follow and a quick pattern to complete!